I really struggled to record this episode for several reasons. First, because values feel like such a “squishy” (read: intangible and abstract) topic and second, because I wanted to do justice to a concept that every single guest in season one of the podcast mentioned in some way, shape, or form.
So, I took the lazy way out: Asking my inner voice to do this episode for me 🙂 Luckily, it delivered. When I asked what values are, I got a few responses that I loved: “Raison d’être,” “Reasons for getting out of bed,” “Where mind, body, and spirit meet,” and “Our life-force.”
And when I asked the importance of knowing our own values, I heard: “[Knowing] where to direct your attention in a chaotic world.”
If you feel a nagging sense that you might be living a life out of line with your own values in at least one area of life, I encourage you to give this episode a listen.
- Raison d’être (“the most important reason or purpose for someone or something’s existence”)
- The Pique Coaching secret menu
- All Pique Podcast episodes
- The Life Coach School Podcast: Ep #251: Two Types of Discomfort
- Books: Let Your Life Speak by Parker Palmer
- The Pique Coaching Workbook: Nine prompts designed to help you harness the combined power of your logical brain and your intuition