In this solo episode, I talk about the experience of creating and launching a podcast, and how it’s provided me with “another f*cking growth opportunity.” (Thanks to my awesome mom for that clever phrase.)
Using The Pique Podcast as a case study, I dig into:
- My failed podcast launch in 2014 and how failing is the process of success, not the opposite of success
- The concept of practicing discomfort on purpose and being willing to be with any emotions, even the negative ones
- My mission to continue to show up whole — in integrity — on the podcast and in life
- Getting to a place where I’m proud of what I’ve created with this podcast, whether or not people give me words of affirmation
- The idea of strategic byproducts, the awesome “unanticipated side-effects” of doing something big and new in your life
- “Post-mortems” of each published podcast episode — a quick summary of the episodes, the feedback I’ve received on each one, and updates to my thinking about the content within each episode
At the end of the episode, I give you four questions to help guide you on your own journey toward a big goal or creation in your own life.
- My instagram!
- All episodes of the Pique Podcast
- The Pique Coaching Workbook: Nine prompts designed to help you harness the combined power of your logical brain and your intuition, including the “Wouldn’t it be nice if…” exercise
- The #1 Reason To Set “Unrealistic” Goals (And It’s Not Achieving The Goal) via Thrive Global