In order to be a calm, self-assured, repeat project finisher, you need to focus on mastering just 3 skill sets.
You’ve heard these 3 skill sets talked about here and there on the podcast, but this is the first time I’m addressing all 3 together, and explaining what they have in common.
The 3 skill sets that every project finisher needs:
- Deep work: The ability to focus on one high-impact result for 60-75 minutes
- Monday Hour One: The ability to plan out your entire week in just one hour per week
- Project planning: The ability to manage a project across an 8-week sprint
Here’s the good news:
- They’re all fundamentally the same skill set; once you master one, you can more easily master the next one
- You’re probably already doing these 3 skills more than you think you are
- You don’t need to be a total expert in these 3 skills in order to finish projects; you just need to do them slightly more than you’re currently doing them
These questions will help you track your progress as you develop and improve these skill sets:
- Deep work: On a scale of 1-10, how would you self-assess yourself on the ability to focus on demand on your most important work, for 60-75 minutes at a time?
- Monday Hour One: On a scale of 1-10, how would you self-rate your ability to plan out your week in a way that works for you?
- Project planning: On a scale of 1-10, how would you self-assess your ability to make a project plan for your most important project and execute on that plan all the way to completion, overcoming obstacles along the way?
I invite you to answer these questions and then send your answers to me on Instagram @piquecoaching. I’ll help you figure out where to focus first.
RESOURCES MENTIONED —
Half-Finished to Done, LIVE 45-minute consult
Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work, Author: Dan Heath & Chip Heath
Monday Hour One: A New + Improved Time Blocking System
You can listen to this episode using the audio player above, or find it on your preferred podcasting app by searching for the Half-Finished to Done Podcast.
Ready to finish your projects in your business?
Click here to learn more about Half-Finished to Done, LIVE, the 8-week group coaching program for business owners who want to become self-assured, repeat project finishers.