I recently shared on Instagram that I run my business on what I call a “sprint and rest” model— meaning I go heads-down in my business for a focused period, then take a ton of time off.
This model works well for me because it allows me to work with my natural energy ebbs and flows, vs trying to be “consistent” every day and feeling bad that I’m not.
So in case you needed to hear this: You don’t need to be consistent in a traditional sense in order to be successful in business. (From the mouth of a Procrastination Coach.)
After I posted about sprinting and resting on Instagram, Samantha Hoilett reached out to me to talk about her own decision to shift her business into a sprint and rest model.
Listen in as we discuss:
- Samantha’s business and personal reasons for wanting to move into a sprint and rest work style
- Embedding healthy, time-bound urgency into your courses or programs
- The value of having one core offer for your business
- An example of a typical marketing cycle when sprinting and resting
- The value of going for the same goal multiple times, until it becomes easy
- What to take into consideration before establishing an alumnae membership
- Non-traditional advice on whether or not you should discount services for repeat clients
- How to handle negative opinions from others when you make changes in your business
Samantha Hoilett is a Launch Copywriter and Messaging Strategist for personal brands and small businesses. She takes a customer-oriented approach that focuses on building relationships, highlighting brand values, and helping her clients become leaders in their space so they can sell their offer in a clear magnetic way that attracts ideal clients.
GUEST CONTACT —
Samantha Hoilett, Launch Copywriter + Messaging Strategist
Email Series: Magnetic Messaging Mondays: When you sign up, you get a surprise “Messaging Mini Guide” that helps your brainstorm messaging ideas for your offer.
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE —
You can listen to this episode using the audio player above, or find it on your preferred podcasting app by searching for the Half-Finished to Done Podcast.
Interested in joining Half-Finished to Done, LIVE, the 8-week program for business owners who want to become self-assured, repeat project finishers?
Click here to learn more and book your free 45-minute, 1:1 consult with me, to talk about the program.