In this episode, I’m bringing my amazing podcast manager, Keli Marks, out from behind the scenes to join me on the mics.
Working with Keli since season one of the podcast has been a gift, and I think you’ll understand why. Not only is he talented technically, he also brings his calming presence and deep spirituality into his freelancing work.
We dive into the following topics:
- 3:45: Personalities, and getting in touch with your soul through a variety of methods, like Transcendental Meditation, mindfulness, Bhakti yoga, and mantras.
- 15:05: Finding harmony in life, even in suffering, and positioning ourselves correctly in the world.
- 19:52: How to view the world through the lens of karma — even if you don’t believe in it — to empower yourself.
- 25:44: Buying a tiny house: composting toilets, conscious minimalism, mobility, and more.
- 34:30: How to KonMari your physical life — and your heart.
- 43:01: How to streamline your business (and life) with agile project management and gamification, and how to choose a tool and stick to it for maximum productivity.
- 56:45: How to use morning pages for increased focus, higher-quality outputs, and idea generation. (One of Keli’s jobs came directly from an idea that sparked during his morning pages!)
- 58:30: Debating and defining manifestation as it relates to your identity and ego.
- 1:05:26: Keli’s closing thoughts and a quote to carry into your day: “And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, “This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!” And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, “No. This is what’s important.” – Iain Thomas
- Enneagram personality test
- How to change your limiting beliefs
- International Pure Bhakti Yoga Society
- Book: The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael Alan Singer
- Greywater recycling
- The Pique Podcast episodes: More self-awareness, focus, + creativity with morning pages and The overlap between behavioral economics + coaching with Nate Andorsky
- Pique Coaching emails: Free up your mental space with these two tricks (the “hold” tip mentioned in the episode)
- Tools: Trello, Notion, ConvertKit, Habitica, The Pomodoro Technique
- Bullet Journal for making plans and tracking habits
- How to get into a deep work state in 15 minutes
- Abraham Hicks
- The Gift: Poems by Hafiz, the Great Sufi Master