In this solo episode, I chat about my recent decision to re-evaluate my drinking habits — and how I ended up approximately 85% more sober.
I break down how drinking had become a habitual, unconscious action in my life, the societal messages that made me rethink my drinking, how I’ve dealt with cutting back, and the challenges it’s brought up for me.
I dive into how you can begin to explore more sobriety if it piques your interest, but a quick note that even if you’re not interested in cutting back on drinking, you might find the episode valuable. Fundamentally, it’s about bringing awareness to any net-negative action that you do unconsciously in your own life (like overeating, overspending, or binge-watching TV) and how to go about changing it.
- Books: The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron, Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle, and Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- The Life Coach School Podcast: Ep #116: Stop Overdrinking Part 1 and Ep #117: Stop Overdrinking Part 2
- OneYearNoBeer Facebook Page
- Why you’re likely going to hear more about being “sober curious” (Vox)
- Daybreaker: A morning dance party that will start your day with energy and intention