In this episode, I chat with Erica and Jordan of The Worth Project about the three financial questions that changed their trajectory, our biggest money mistakes (which include Bitcoin, constant late fees, and “I deserve it” syndrome), and how to bring your money in line with your values, especially in a partnership.
We also touch on minimalism, food waste reduction, student loans, and their favorite financial books.
At the end of the episode, they give two practical, action-oriented calls to action for aligning your money with your values.
- “We did these three questions about a year ago…and it completely changed how we approach our money and our life.”
- “These three questions really help you tap into your intuition and who you want to become in your life.”
- “I want to write a book. What? Apparently I’d like to write a book.”
- “What am I going to do today that at the end of it, I’ll say ‘That was worth it?’”
- The Pique Podcast: More self-awareness, focus, + creativity with morning pages
- The Kinder Institute of Life Planning
- The Worth Project podcast: Asking the 3 Questions with George Kinder and The Best (and Worst) Things We’ve Done With Our Money
- Personal finance management tools: Personal Capital and Mint
- Books: I Will Teach You to be Rich by Ramit Sethi, Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Vicki Robin, and The Simple Path to Wealth by JL Collins
- Kiva: Loans that change lives (micro-lending platform)
- The Pique Coaching Workbook: Nine prompts designed to help you harness the combined power of your logical brain and your intuition