Overeating. Overdrinking. Mindlessly scrolling Instagram. Doom-scrolling the news. Numbing out with Netflix.
These are all ways that we buffer; meaning we use something external to cover up our negative emotions.
In this episode, you’ll learn how buffering can wreak havoc on your productivity, by keeping you in a constant cycle of avoidance.
I’m joined by Jennifer Dent-Brown, a weight loss coach who teaches women how to stop dieting permanently. So whether you struggle with your weight or not, this episode is for you.
Listen in as we discuss:
- The connection between weight and procrastination
- Jennifer’s business experience during the pandemic and how she dealt with procrastination
- How to distinguish a behavior that’s fine for you versus a behavior that has a net negative effect
- Importance of emotional literacy to pinpoint an emotion faster, so that you can move through it
- Why it’s painful for people to sit with an emotion
- Jennifer’s diagnosis of ADHD and how it has impacted her work
- Social media addiction and its role in procrastination
- The Valley of Despair that we inevitably hit when we’re working to implement new habits
- What to do when you know you’re buffering, but you just don’t care
Jennifer Dent Brown is a Life + Weight Loss Coach who helps women learn to stop dieting and start living through her company, LUXE Life Coaching. Living a LUXE Life has nothing to do with money and everything to do with a state of mind. Feeling hopeless and unable to control your weight will never get you to your goal. Learning to live with the mindset of a woman who is already at her goal weight is the key to lasting, permanent weight loss. Learn more at jenniferdent.com.
GUEST CONTACT —
Jennifer Dent-Brown, Life and Weight Loss Coach
Podcast: Stop. Dieting. Forever.™ Podcast
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE —
You can listen to this episode using the audio player above, or find it on your preferred podcasting app by searching for the Half-Finished to Done Podcast.